I once read an article about the 10 rules for a successful blog and Number One was "Don't refer to or apologize for blogging infrequency," so I'm not going to do that, just to let you know. I also know I promised a Darwinism post, but darn if I just don't feel like going there right now. So, what I AM going to talk about is....Softies! Yes, that weird niche of crafters who enjoy creating fluffy, anthropomorphized animals and foodstuffs for pure pleasure.
Secretly, I would like to make my own softie. Perhaps an armadillo or a squirrel with a fuzzy white underbelly. Meanwhile, here are some links to people who show me that I shouldn't waste my time, because they do it so very well.
Since oldschoolacres' site is down, here's a link to her flickr album - her piggies make me covetous!
Alice at futuregirl.com has actually recreated some of her favorite German directors in felt as small woodland creatures.
What WOULD Darwin say about that, or Freud, I wonder?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Goodness, no! You should make your own sweet softies. If the first couple are deformed (like mine were) you can just not show them to us (I showed mine ...). They are super easy and lots of fun. Get sewing ,sister. :)
Thanks! Truth is, with a two-year-old and an attempt at an oil painting career, sometimes I just have to live vicariously through other people's hobbies! I have the problem of being a dabbler and a dilettante. So I need to FOCUS and get good at some things before I jump into something new! I love your stuff, though!
Post a Comment