I went to my church's membership class today. Those are always exciting. No red flags today, just nice, straightforward basics and humble admission about the confusing parts. We didn't really have any nitpickers in the crowd, which was cool. I tried to restrain myself. I enjoyed hearing one seeker's questions - they always ask the questions you never think about.
I like to talk about the membership class at my last church before we moved. It made me appreciate that place so much more than I already did. The two assistant pastors got into a heated discussion about the necessity of rebaptism for someone who has been sprinkled as a child, each taking opposing views in a very cordial, yet strained way. Then they half apologized to the group and explained how the church had leaders from multiple theological backgrounds and that was why they were special, etc. I love seeing leaders act like human beings.
I got that feeling this morning as well. So it was a good day that concreted that we have found a church home.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok...So what the heck??? I just read each and every post of yours...but you stopped...nada since this post.. You Need to write...please please please start this up again...
Don't let your brain turn to mush! =)
I want to read more more!!
Pretty pretty pretty please!!??!!
Miss you too.. =(
Post a Comment