People are reading this stuff. That scares me. What happened to anonymity?
I want to be the fly on the wall whispering into your ear. Sometimes I want the FBI to tap my phone so I can have a direct line to the government. I wouldn't dream of becoming involved in politics in order to actually try to change something. I'm a little crazy that way, but I like the idea of giving anonymous input, because when I know who you are, suddenly I go into image management mode. It's that whole other-people-and-what-they're-thinking thing that really trips me up. And it's got to stop.
Hey that reminds me of...this week's House episode! The one where the patient takes on the personalities of the doctors because he's lost his own identity. He's really skillful at it, too.
So...I'm going to try really hard not to think about people reading this, because I know I can't be honest when I do. Forget about writing for my reader - somehow that doesn't work out for me.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment